Sunday, May 6, 2018

Monkey does

Today I caught two waves where I took off kneeling up; got to my feet before the board went up on the foil and rode the wave mostly on the foil.

The difference was that I was surfing with a bloke riding a SUP (5'9" 90 something litres). A case of money see monkey do. Also, I had even higher spacers under the rear of the mast base.

I am still struggling with the amount of rocker on that board. When I paddle onto a wave I have the nose of the board very close to the water (force of habit). I know at this angle that the foil is diving, not flying.

I am going to either paddle on further back or tilt the foil base even more.

Watching this SMIK flat-bottom board today brought this home to me.

See these videos for more seeing for us monkeys:
seabreeze.com.au/forums/Stand-Up-Paddle/Foiling/SUP-and-surf-foil-videos

No comments:

Post a Comment