Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Try some onshore

The video in the previous post had these ideas that I took to the beach today.
1. Onshore winds are better than strong offshore winds.
Result: did not work for me the waves in Sydney are not like Hawaiian waves - the wave face crumbles too easily.

2. There was a board with a foil in the video that also had some fins. Rather than put all four fins in I just did the back two.
Result: no noticeable difference but it looked cool.

3. The video reminded me that my coil leash is a bit stretched out. I boughr a new one.
Result: the only coil one they had was a ten foot leash, bright green with a calf fitting. Unfortunately kneeling to paddle rules out attaching it to my calf.
And guess what?
There was no screw to undo to swap that part.

4. Previously the screws that connect the foil mast with the base had worked loose.
Three slightly longer screws fixed this.

So progress of sorts but not nearly enough time on the foil in the surf today.

No comments:

Post a Comment